Oncology Billing Services
Our oncology billers and coders specialize in both medical and radiation oncology billing and coding and incorporate the knowledge throughout the process to offer very comprehensive services. Our medical billing experts can assist you in following ways:
- Tracking of copayments, deductibles, and fee schedules
- Conduct regular code audit checks and indicate appropriate codes when required
- Generate Patient statements in a comprehensible format
- Reduce claims rejection
- Develop Custom reports to analyze cash flow stuck with payers
- Trail outstanding claims, accounts receivable and acknowledge write offs
Oncology entails a complex and long drawn out treatment procedures in the process of providing preventive and curative cancer care. As the patients go through the innumerable tests and pre- and post-procedural visits, they need authorizations and rigorous follow-up with the physician. Consequently, the billing and coding process is quite complicated as the documentation and tracking of payments at each stage clinical service is critical for getting reimbursement on time. In order to focus on their patients’ healthcare, the doctors have to fall back on administrative support to manage their reimbursement process.
This is where our oncology billing and coding specialists can support health care providers. Our billers and coders are certified, tech-savvy, experienced, and have a track record of providing error-free and denial-free billing and coding services nationwide. These billing experts consistently upgrade and adapt their professional knowledge in order to provide a pro-active approach and optimum skill set to ensure a healthy revenue return for your practice.
Because of their impressive credentials, our billers and coders have been the preferred choice of individual physicians, clinics, multispecialty groups, hospitals, and diagnostic centers across the nation. Here is a quick glance of our affiliates’ credentials:
- Certification from The American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Familiar with medical billing software such as Lytec, Medic, Misys, Medisoft, NextGen, and much more
- Trained on coding software such as EncoderPro, FLashcode, CodeLink, etc.
- Being able to apply standard CPT, HCPCS procedure and supply codes, and ICD-CM diagnosis coding as per CMS guidelines
- Successful track-record of processing medical bills with leading commercial carriers such as United health, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana, HCSC, Blue Cross Group, etc.
- Ability to negotiate successfully with Medicare and state-specific Medicaid policies.
Applying qualitative credentials to diverse services
Our billers and coders handle diverse billing and coding services to optimize revenue generation and patient influx for physicians while relieving them to focus on research and development.
Extent of oncology services billed and coded by our experts
- Billing and coding of clinical services, wherein the prime focus is on billing and coding of certain systemic treatments such as chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and radiotherapy to treat patients with both curative and palliative aims appropriately
- Billing and coding of diagnosis and treatment procedures for cancers of the female reproductive system
- Billing and coding of services involving diagnosis and treatment procedures for cancers of the blood and lymphatic system
- Billing and coding of radiation services such as ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) computed axial tomography, nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to diagnose or treat cancers
- Billing and coding of surgical services
- Billing and coding of histopathology services comprising biopsy procedures for determining type and stage of cancer
Value delivery to physicians
The physicians who conscientiously chose to outsourced their oncology billing and coding services have been able to reap advantages of our proactive billing management cycle, which has yielded radical benefits such as:
- Simplification of revenue cycle
- Appreciable increase in collection rates
- More patient inflow and referrals
- Increased avenue for research and development by physician